What Types Of Issues Does The Integrated Plan Checker Check For?
When you create or edit a sales incentive plan, we perform some automated verification.
Here are some of the checks we perform:
- Calculation checks
- Salary checks
- If salary is used in credit or reward assignment, we check that users have a salary defined on them.
- Transaction history
- If percent increase is used as a measurement, we verify that there is a sufficient historical basis to calculate it.
- Difficulty checks
- We verify that difficulty levels defined for attainment levels are consistent with defined thresholds.
- Over-payment checks
- We verify that you will not be double-paying incentives in scenarios such as the following:
- You have defined some attainment levels as cumulative.
- Some of those levels include rewards such as "% of Revenue" which is applied to revenue at the current level, but also lower levels.
- Misc. checks
- We verify that the plan end date is after its start date
- We verify that plan targets have been specified
- We verify that scoring rules have been specified (when using scoring)
- We verify that specified attainment level thresholds are compatible with the specified measure
- We verify that there aren't duplicate attainment thresholds (valid, but worthy of a warning to make sure it was intended)
- We verify the range of specific settings (ex: negative values don't make sense for limits)
- We verify various other settings related to plan limits, calculation settings, etc.
- Text description
- We generate a downloadable text description of your plan to make it easier to share and review details
We also continuously perform additional checks in the background, resulting in system alerts:
- There are no duplicate payments of commissions, from the same plan, to the same payee, on the same transaction, in multiple time periods
- A default time zone has been specified for the workspace
- A default currency has been specified for the workspace
- A currency exchange rate has been provided explicitly, but is inconsistent with current market rates
- A currency has been found in transactions or on users, but we don't have a way to obtain its exchange rate
- An unknown currency symbol has been found in transactions, but we don't have a way to understand which currency it represents
Which Types Of Plans Periods Are Available?
The following types of plan periods are available: One-time plan A one-time, non-recurring incentive plan (ex: sales contest). Bi-Monthly plan An incentive plan with a bi-monthly recurrence. Monthly plan An incentive plan with a monthly recurrence. ...
What Is A Plan?
Plans are a set of sales performance goals, potential rewards, and terms & conditions for receiving those rewards. Use plans to define, manage, and implement your sales incentive program. Once ready, submit your plan for calculation. Good to know: ...
What Is A Hidden Plan?
A hidden plan is a sales incentive plan which is hidden from limited admins. It's only useful to have hidden plans if a/ some of your administrators are limited admins, and b/ you do not want those limited admins to see certain plans. In most ...
How Can I Add A Plan?
Here are the steps to create a sales incentive plan: Login to your workspace On the left pane, click on "Plans > Add Plan" Select a plan name, its visibility, and its time period Next, select a scope Measure performance by individual Measure ...
How Can I Legally Protect My Plan?
To legally protect your sales incentive plan: Login to your workspace On the left pane, click on "Plans > All Plans" Search for your plan Click on the plan row Click on the "Legal" tab (if needed) If you agree that your legal department is ...