Do I Need To Provide Salary Information On Users?
Salary information for users is encrypted in the database, and also masked when displayed in the web interface. Also, only full admins can view this field (limited admins cannot).
Special security filtering (at the data retrieval level) prevents salary information from being retrieved by any web page loaded by a user who is not a full admin.
This said, you may not need to provide salary information - and we recommend you don't unless needed.
Salary information is only needed when:
- Some of your incentive plans include a reward of type "Percent of Salary"
- In this case, the system needs to know the user's salary to compute the reward
- Some of your incentive plans assign monetary rewards to users based on their salaries
- Each user's salary acts as a "weight" in terms of splitting and assigning rewards
- Some of your incentive plans assign transaction credits to users based on their salaries
- Each user's salary acts as a "weight" in terms of splitting and assigning credit
- Some your incentive plans cap rewards based on user salaries
If the system needs salary for a calculation, it will generate a system alert to request that you provide this information.