How Can I Programmatically Import Sales Transactions?
For non-programmatic import options, click here.
Three options are available:
- You can use a Web Endpoint.
- Using this model, you deploy a web page, from which we securely pull transaction data. We will query your web page at least every hour.
- You can call the Transaction Import API.
- Using this model, you send HTTP requests to upload transaction data. You are responsible for scheduling and making API calls.
- You can use our Zapier integration.
- Using this model, you create a Zap which reacts to an event (ex: new invoice or opportunity in your accounting or CRM system) which invokes the transaction create action.
- You can use our FTP integration
- Using this model, you generate and copy CSV files to an FTP site at regular intervals. We will automatically pull files from your FTP site to create or update sales transactions.
One potential benefit of Web Endpoints is that you don't need to implement a job runner because we are responsible for calling your web page hourly. Another benefit is that you don't have to learn yet another API.
However, in some specific scenarios, calling an API to upload transaction data is just easier. This may be because your IT department doesn't want to authorize deployment of a web page, or because you have multiple data sources to deal with.
If you use Zapier, our native integration with Zapier probably makes the most sense. All you need to do is connect your data source to our Zapier application and map fields. This also means you don't need to deploy a web page or write code.
Finally, you have the option to copy CSV files to an FTP site and then setup a recurring import job.
How Can I Import Transactions?
For programmatic import options, click here. You can use the following methods to add transactions: Manually or automatically from CSV files Manually upload CSV files containing sales transactions Automatically by having us fetch CSV files from FTP ...
How Can I Import Sales Transactions Via FTP
The FTP connection allows you to upload CSV files as transactions within Sales Cookie. Here are the steps to add an FTP connection: Login to your workspace On the left pane, click on "Settings > Connections" Click on "FTP Server" Enter your server ...
Why Do I Need To Import Transactions?
In order to efficiently determine sales performance and calculate incentive rewards, Sales Cookie requires sales transactions to be imported. For each incentive plan you design, you can specify a saved query, which will filter imported transactions ...
How Can I Use The Transaction Import API?
The data import API allows you to create (or update) sales transactions within Sales Cookie using HTTP requests. Three options are available to import sales transactions using an API: Use the CSV Upload API (easiest) Manually upload a sample CSV file ...
How Can I Use the Simplified Transaction Import Rest API?
This article is about the simplified transaction import REST API. Click here for more options. Importing Sales Transactions To import transaction data, follow these 2 steps: Step 1 - Get your API key Step 2 - Import transactions by making a POST call ...